Saturday, June 16, 2007

Sitting in the airport

Well, Jon made it safely here for the medical mission on the boat. Brandon did not. Apparently his flight out of Dallas was canceled and he wasn't able to make it in time to connect. Not really sure what happened there, but we missed him this week. There wasn't any internet available on the boat so the blogging had to be postponed. Now I'm sitting in the Phnom Penh airport waiting for the EVA airlines ticket counter to open and have loads of time on my hands. Jon's already headed off for his very round-about trip home. I figure I'll post some back-blogs about the week on the boat for the few of you still reading at the end of the month. It has been a wonderful month. They've almost convinced me to just leave it all and move over here for a while. Almost, but not quite. Good friends, satisfying work, beautiful people, a quiet, lazy river, tens of thousands of bugs after dark forcing you to retire early and make the most of the daylight. Every heartbeat is precious here. I am very reluctant to come home. If only I didn't have so much left to learn! But still, I'm not relishing the thought of arriving back in Omaha at 11:00 tonight (Sunday) after 30+ hours of flying, turning on my pager and getting up for work on Monday morning. Thinking back on the week will be good for my attitude.

No comments: